Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Memories

Things I remember of the New York State Fair 1964-1965.
I was three or four years old.
I was placed into a pink elephant stroller and pushed by my sisters.
I remember the Huge "US Royal Tires" - My dad worked at Uniroyal so maybe that's why we went!
I remember staring at a mechanical fortune teller behind glass, frightened and intrigued trying to figure out if she was alive or not.
And last of all, I remember being on my father or brother's shoulders as he looked down a large 'hole' that had lit symbols flying up. I started to whimper and cry and they thought I was afraid and tried to placate me- they were irritated with me- but that wasn't it at all- My shoe was lose and I was very afraid of it falling into the abyss!

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Not everyone can remember their lives that young. Are these some of the earliest memories you can remember?

GoFaster said...

Amazing memory! I barely remember stuff from my teens :)

Anonymous said...

I sometimes envy people that remember so much so clearly. I have few memories from my life. I do have some, the older I get the more I remember. Mostly it was just uniformly happy.. so maybe it just all runs together!!