Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Irene

So there I was following the track of Irene, filming my TV as it hit, posting to facebook, using google voice to text my sister...when...my...internet...slowwwwed...down...and Quit!
No landline and no DSL.
I had filled my tub and filled containers of water.
 I already prepped a emergency box last winter of canned and dry food,camping stove/fuel,crank radio etc.
I didn't lose power so I could watch my local channel of the ocean bashing away the coast nearby. I feel strange talking about myself when the storm did and continues to affect the northern states with flooding and power outages.

Things I realized without internet-
TV "news" contains zero news - it is only about celebrities. No wonder people these days are so ignorant.
My head began to fill up with unanswered questions almost immediately, I am used to looking up even the most trivial question and having answers!
I was busting with the need to communicate and wrote pages in my notebook journal to placate the need to "update".

Pray for my Anam Cara's best kitty friend whose kidneys have failed, they both need comfort and peace.


2 comments:

Leigh said...

Interesting post! Our two weeks without internet were quite self-revealing as well. It's the internet as a research tool that I missed the most. Plus staying in touch with friends. I agree about so called TV news; I think it's meant as a distraction so we don't figure out what's really going on.

Anonymous said...

We get this kind of problems all the time from tornadoes and such.. I miss the internet even more than power!!lol
Praying for the baby kitty.. (they're all babies when they're sick!!) I hope your friend is at peace and can let go when it's time. That's how mine went, and it's very hard to let them go... So sad for him..
hugs,
Jean