Friday, August 26, 2011

Irene

I was pretty alarmed today when I called the home where my father is and found out that they do not even know if their generator works and have NO evacuation plan.
This Home is across the road from the beach and is full of very confused elderly. Even if they just lose power the place will be an uproar of very scared people...
They told me their only "plan" was to ask family members to come take them out, and they had not been successful in doing that. Well Duh! There is a reason they are living in there & not with family.
My father thinks he will just use a rope to climb out his window LOL- he cant even barely walk.
I filled some bottles of drinking water for mom and made sure she has batteries in a lantern & 3 flashlights.
I will fill our tubs saturday for the toilet.
- I know that if we lose power she will not remember to leave her refige closed so I may duck tape it haha!
I see now that it will turn into a tropical storm as soon as it hits CT. so thats good but still alot of rain and wind.
I set up an emergency box for myself awhile ago,so I'm all set, crank radio & canned pasta and all.
Not sure about my camp stove but I live in the city now and Gloria was nothing but boring for me. It's alot different in the country.

3 comments:

Ramblingon said...

Let us know! There are several friends in CT and you are one, that I am worried about. xox

GreatGranny said...

News this AM says it has lost strength so I'm hoping it dies out so everyone will be safe.

Leigh said...

Woo hoo! I'm back online after 2 weeks of a lightening fried network card and no internet!

I hope all is well with you and your folks. The weather is too often a challenge, isn't it?