So many people still think that dry pet food somehow cleans their teeth.
If you crunched on, I dunno, pretzels and never brushed your teeth would your teeth be good?
But, is there anything stuck in your teeth if you eat, say, chicken noodle soup?
Same with cats and dogs-
They need their teeth brushed! And if you cannot or will not do this then take them to have them cleaned- these days they do not have to put them under 'general' sedation-just some 'happy gas' and bing it's done- (I used to love doing it as a vet tech)
If not, as the gum disease sits there at the gumline, the kidneys & body are working all the time on that infection.
In nature they can chew on bones and sticks, their food is soft, no kibble there.
But they still can get gum disease, break and lose their teeth and not be able to eat.
As for Myst- well I had good intentions, I was going to get her used to a teeny brush that was made as a disposable one called "Wisp". It is a teeny brush and I took out the drop of paste on it and well, there it sits never used and she's five!
OH,
and on canned food they will not get fat like they do on the dry!
Great link on this
No comments:
Post a Comment