Myst has always played in her water. Pawing, standing in the bowl while drinking etc. Well there seems to be a change.
Since I have started her on canned food she hasn't been doing this!
No more kitchen floods.
I find this very interesting.
I have decided not to buy Fancy feast because of the outrageously high levels of phosphorus in it.
So far my quest for a better diet has been successful with 3oz sized cans of any brand high quality chicken. I am looking for muscle meat to be first ingredient and for no salt, colors, meal of any type and low phosphorus.
Its been time consuming and costly, but according to this great link it's to be expected.
http://www.catinfo.org/#Transitioning_Dry_Food_Addicts_to_Canned_Food_
Things I have observed that surprised me-
She actually prefers canned!
She likes the pate' style more than chunks!
Poop is not stinky or runny!
I have a teeny bit of dry out- I have a bunch in a container I actually would like to use up :P
>^_*<
4 comments:
Tess sometimes puts her toys in the water, but I think that's just playing, not because she is trying to say she wants wet food. The Litigation once called her a "waschbar," which is German for raccoon. I guess because they wash their food off?
Raccoon, exactly haha, hope you and Tess are well
Excellent observations and so curious about the water. I've been buying frozen whiting at Aldi's and cutting it up for my cats. Plus I found dry food with no corn, wheat or soy! Getting the diets correct for our individual kitties is really a challenge. Sounds like you're doing a good job with Myst.
Gabby likes the pate type too. Not the chunks. I also give her a little dry food at night so she wont whine while we sleep. I heard its good for her teeth too to have something crunchy?
She is MUCH less whiny since we moved her to a mostly wet clumpie diet.
Post a Comment