I wish I had something to say on this blog...
There are caregiving posts on the other one which
is what my mind has been full of lately. My efficiency apartment
is full of family items that I have to mail to family members.
First I have to itemize everything- antique toy soldiers,toys, ancient photos & slides,
Family history documents..
Anybody want a complete set of Charles Dickens?
I'm drowning in all this stuff!
5 comments:
It is ok to stop doing this. Taking care of people is one thing, their stuff is quite another.
If you try to please everyone, you will please no one. Especially yourself.
i would leave a comment filled with advice, which truth be told, if I were in your situation, I would be doing the same thing--so instead? Instead I'm sending hugs and sighing with you.
Why is it so damn hard for us to say NO?!!
It's hard to say no..it's hard to get rid of stuff. Maybe your local churches there in the area have an ecumenical council..and they take things, come pick them up..to give to families in need after a fire or other disaster?
These are albums of greatgreatgreat grandparents & family history stuff-like my dads POW & family tree. All the other heirlooms I donated or family got long ago.
Post a Comment