I thought I would tell you something you may not know about me.
I was diagnosed around sixteen years ago with
Psoriatic Arthritis. An autoimmune disease.
It attacked every joint it could lay it's painful hands on.
Many times I would wake up & have lost complete use
of a finger/toe and the joint would be solidified.
I had what were called "sausage" toes and fingers
swollen and feverish. For years
My Drs tried everything from steriods,NSAIDS,
to anti-cancer drugs (methotrexate) that made my hair fall out & made me very ill.
Finally I agreed to be put on a new type of drug that scared me-
Biological.
It's called Enbrel.
It stopped the disease's progression.
So, twice a week I have to inject my "muffin top".
Which I hate to do.
6 comments:
Man, that has had to be painful and a hitch in your git-a-long as mom calls it when things get in the way or have to be done that are unpleasant or not wanted. So, the Enbrel which me and mom have seen on TV and in magazines ads works..then we are so glad! I will purr for you and mom says she'll be thinking of you and wishing furry hard for this to be better.
Ugh. Sounds painful.
awful :( I'm so sorry, Jadeykins! I have some weird joint disease too. They haven't been able to diagnose it but I've been tested for Lupis, rhuematoid..etc. They give me naproxin to keep the swelling down and give me shots in both knees twice a year. This seems to keep the pain bearable. I'm sorry you have to give yourself shots!! I'm also sorry to say I burst out laughing when you said "muffin top"...you are an amazing girl. Simply amazing.
LOL! Glad I made you laugh :D
I get water on the knee at least once a year & hate steroid shots! As soon as I feel it swelling I put on an ace bandage sometimes it goes away.
I used to do the water on the kneecap deal and thank goodness it seems to have stopped. I hope.
I know it's a relief to find something that actually works! Hurray for that!
Post a Comment