Friday, January 7, 2011

Veterinarian visit

So much information was given I was writing
 as fast as I could & asking him to repeat.
Myst's aqueous humor is cloudy-
 not the other parts of her eyes.
The inner parts and veins are fine.
Infectious diseases that are included in regular vaccines
cause this and are being tested for.
I let her vaccines laps, they were due March of 2010.
 If these are negative
then we will test for diabetes or systemic diseases.
I was given meds-
Triple antibiotic w/ prednisone ointment three times a day.
Clindamycin antibiotic TWO pills twice a day. (ugh!!)
Her eyes were tested for pressure- too high=glaucoma,
too low= FIV,Feluk,FIP,toxoplasmosis,herpes...
All these infectious diseases present with cloudy eyes.
Right now they are normal but we both agreed it could be
because I got her in so soon.
When I got her home I put in the ointment and
then wrapped her in a towel with my knee to hold it
closed & used the pill gun. Then treats.
She goes back in two days.
$500.00 so far
*
one hour later
omg, I just found her playing!
this is crazy.
Oh My! Her eyes are clear!
Wow, prednisone is an amazing drug.
Now to wait for blood results to hopefully find the cause.

2 comments:

Haphazardkat said...

oh man...wow...this has been quite the emotional roller coaster ride!! I've been with you and Myst all day today in my thoughts and prayers. Let's hope these meds kick whatever she has to the curb!! You are such a good Myst Momma :)
*sending tight hugs*

Admiral Hestorb said...

A big sigh of relief!!!!!!!!!