Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mysty Morning

Myst is getting 'used' to getting her pills now.
She still complains on the way to the bathroom
but she knows that it will be over quickly if she swallows
them. The pill injector 'gun' is a finger-saver!
She still hates the eye ointment but that is getting easier
also.
I wish I knew for sure what caused her to loose her sight so
quickly but I do not think we will ever know.
My thought about it is this:
She already had Herpes and asthma, and had an underlying
urinary problem. She had a very physical 'encounter' with another
cat triggering an immune system reaction on her already compromised
body. This caused her "aqueous flare".
This link is even better Feline Ophthalmology

5 comments:

Admiral Hestorb said...

Mommy said I'm asleep in the rocking chair but my Vet won't be available till 3PM. Mommy may take me and let someone else do it.

Mommy want to go see what your links can teach her.

Admiral Hestorb said...

Mommy is saving this after reading. She said it's always good to be prepared. VERY informative and probably one of the best sources. She's impressed.

Ramblingon said...

Just he was taking her to the Vet. I asked was it routine or a problem.

I have the kitty ophthalmology page bookmarked too. Thank YOU!

GoFaster said...

Vets and people doctors have a fancy term they like to use. They say it's idiopathic. Which means they really have no clue.

Mysty is such a sweet girl.
That other cat is a territorial tyke!

Seeking Serenity said...

Yes I do believe the 'idiot-pathetic" word was used! :P