I saw containers of Silca gel to be used as cat litter
the other day. Are they NUTS?
Besides being non-biodegradable
Here is what the internets say-
It will react with strong acids-
(isn't urine acidic?)
Silica gel is irritating to the respiratory tract,
may cause irritation of the digestive tract,
and dust from the beads may cause irritation
to the skin and eyes, so precautions should be taken.
And this-
Crystalline silica dust can cause silicosis
HELLO??
Cats walk around in it & lick their paws
They have their heads down breathing it in
as they actively dig around!
It is bad enough the clumping cat litter
I reluctantly use contains
Bentonite which is very bad also-
Remove those litter box tops people
and hold your breath-
And read here-
Cat Litter info
2 comments:
I will go immediately.
I've been on to this for a while.
Try the World's Best Cat Litter, it is made of edible corn.
And don't use baking soda sprinkled on the litter to get rid of odors, they will lick that off their paws as well.
I have chemical allergies and my whole house has to be chemical-free or I get sick.
I use nothing for cleaning that they could pick up on their little wee paws and ingest.
Great post.
Post a Comment