"The Guernsey Literary
and Potato Peel Pie Society"
Takes place in the forties...
The entire book is comprised of letters,
back and forth. It's a little tricky to keep
track of who is writing to whom but the author
tells you at the top along with the date.
I feel as though I have found a bunch of private
letters in an old trunk- I just wish I could
see the handwriting...
(Update--- It has a happy ending!!!!!)
4 comments:
Interesting sounding book. A lot of fertile territory to be found in those WW2 occupation novels.
Do people still write letters? I do, there's something really magical about putting pen to paper. Sounds like a fascinating book.
Hope all is well with you~A
Sounds like a great book. I love letters, real ones. There's just something about holding the paper used to convey thoughts back and forth.. such a great thing!
I like this blog a lot. I like them all but I love to learn what you like and enjoy in the world of literature.
Post a Comment