Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Netbook

My Dell laptop is 10 years old and just isn't practical for me to use anymore- never mind all the annoying things like a USB that shorts out & kills it if it's touched,messed up touchpad,weighs 9lb, and wireless only works when I have the Linux HD in it,CAT5 only works when I have the XP HD in it. Runs very hot-etc. etc...
So I purchased an ASUS Eee PC. Model 1015PE. It has a 10inch screen and Windows 7 starter.
I ADORE it :)
I plan on replacing the hard-drive with a solid state one.Then I don't have to handle it with kid gloves,uses less power,runs cooler,and no more ANNOYing head-parking racket. Also, because Windows 7, even though it is a lightweight version called 'starter' and is pleasant to use, I am thinking of replacing it with a netbook version of Linux. The reason being that Windows is using up 50% of the 1GB RAM and most of the 250GB HD.

Anyways, I fell in love with it when I closed it and saw and felt the lid- omg it is a rubbery matte material-SO COOL! The inside and outside are colored a dark copper.
I am not putting things about my parents here- instead, I started another blog for just that. Which I believe you can access from my profile.

4 comments:

Admiral Hestorb said...

There is not a lot to compare with the thrill of a new computer!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Wish I had a new netbook, too... Maybe I will!!

Sultan said...

I love my Asus

CAROLDEE said...

FInding my 16 laptop heavy at times and bigger than I would like. I love it though much better than my old desktop. Getting a e reader soon to check out. Hope it is as good as advertised! : )