Friday, September 17, 2010

Healthy and Free

Sometimes I really wish I could be on Myst island
So safe and quiet, peaceful....
The other night I wanted to feel like I did when I went to California... it was so strange how I felt. I felt 'home'. I have never felt so healthy and alive. I actually felt as though I could stay and never return or look back-didn't care about any of my possessions or family. Just released and free. Of course bad things happened on the trip because of my ex- so it wasn't who I was with that made me feel this way. It was where I was...where I had dreamed of going since I was a teen. When I wrote this-
"Go west young man
Be wild and free
The sun and the plains
Are for you to see..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a place does have a powerful effect on us.. and our memories and dreams.. Maybe you should try to find a way to visit there again??
hugs

Admiral Hestorb said...

I agree with your first commenter in that sometimes places have or can have, a powerful pull. I have also experienced that.

Sultan said...

Confucius once said, “No matter where you go - there you are.” What he meant was that external changes are much less important than internal ones and that you bring your strengths and weaknesses and problems with you wherever you go. The co-codependency issues you have with your family enslave you in many ways. Working out methods to resolve them and thus giving you a more healthy give and take with meaningful people in your life will give you the freedom you seek.