Sunday, June 20, 2010
Please bring us home
The expanses beckon, the mystery still remains
Are we living all alone in these vast domains
We search, we wonder, we listen and we peer
The more we define the distance the more we fear
The lights of the distant glories we cannot name
Demanding a sense of purpose we cannot claim
Where time has no meaning, our reason does not apply
Only the word of Creator can satisfy
Here we are in a world so far away
Floating home, through the void we roam,
And drift astray
We hang suspended, we rise and then we fall
Just one of an endless array, this terrestrial ball
And for one brief moment, this earth was the center stage
For just one moment, the diamond of the age
Here we are in a world so far away
Floating home, through the void we roam,
And drift astray
and still we pray....
Away, we drift away...
Please bring us home
Please bring us home
Please bring us home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
SO glad to be here with you...
The years and years I have watched this on DVD and I still cannot help crying at the end....
I have yet to see it. I will make an effort to be sure I do.
By the way, I was so glad that you looked at the Dead Sea scrolls blog I transported over. No one reads my old ones so I was delighted that you did. And seeing those was a very sobering experience. They were on loan and tickets were, of course, sold out. We were standing there disgruntled, but nicely, and someone asked if we would like his extra tickets.
YES! He had 3 left over from three in his group not showing and just gave them to us..no charge.
I was just totally bowled over seeing them. THE real THINGS! I saw Exodus in it's original. I mean, that is incredible. Israel lent them to certain museums and I happened to have been in Charlotte whern The Discovery Place had them for a few days. They were heavily guarded.
Post a Comment