Monday, December 14, 2009

Things and Stuff

I watch the home make over show that builds new homes
for people who dedicate their lives to helping others.
Last night they showed these American children
who had no beds, ratty old clothes, and who lived
in fear of the world outside their windows.
I just felt such pain for them.
I am pretty cold about the poor in other countries-
(sorry,just am) .....
I could see the toughness beginning to show on this
little white kindergartner who lived in fear,
hearing gunshots and being beaten up at school.
In the show they rebuilt a house for a crippled woman
who provides these kids with a place to go after school.
There were tons of kids in the neighborhood
that just loved her.
Her house was falling apart but she gave them food,clothing,
toys, and a place to feel safe after school.
Then the show people did something extraordinary-
they went to the children's homes and gave them BEDS,
painted their bedrooms etc.
It was just SO wonderful -
I want to make a difference like this.

No comments: