Ok, here we go-
Go to her place and-
Pay bills
eat lunch
wash her hair
Take her to-
postoffice
Bank
natural food store
her place
Grocery store
make a meatloaf
Hair dresser
her place
Bake the meatloaf.
The hair dresser told me that she had just lost her husband to Alzheimer's.
As she said it she gave me a long look of 'knowing' that said 'I know what you are going through,
bless you- especially in the time ahead'.
And said to me that it was really nice what I was doing for her.........
As the meatloaf was cooking I had the air conditioner cranked...
but I was thinking to myself that it didnt seem to be doing such a great job. Mom then said that there was a nice breeze coming from the bedroom window-
WHAT?! She had the window open with the temps in the 90's out there-aaaaaak!!!! Very difficult to not get angry.
When I left, after telling her to PLEASE keep the windows shut, I walked to my car with her saying goodbye out her wide open living room window. "Please close the window" I said.. "Nyah-Nyah" she replied.
*sigh*
3 comments:
Any day with meatloaf has at least some goodness in it.
Kids...............
*sighs....
Bless you for being the wonderful daughter you are.
Many many hugs for my most wonderful friend!
the elusive and almost never-present dragon
As your reader above my comment said, bless you for being the daughter you are. This will come back to you, this love and generosity, in some form.
me and her
Post a Comment