Monday, February 9, 2009

Reality of Dreams

I have always been curious about my dreamworld. Visiting all the different people and places every night. Living an entire lifetime in a few hours. But I could never understand why I couldn't remember everything as clearly as I do when I am awake.
When I awoke and began to think to myself about the events, they would quickly fragment and vanish...
The other day I realized that that was the difference between the two worlds.
When I dream, there is no sense of 'time'...
Since "Time" is made up of remembrances & thoughts creating 'history'- Thinking to ones self... there is none of that. So, when I awaken and my inner voice begins to chatter, That world of dreams vanishes.

Today I also add to this a new thought-
perhaps that is why we have to quiet our mind in order to fall asleep.

2 comments:

Sultan said...

You should keep a pad by the bed where you write your dreams down right after you wake up so they won't fade away.

deadites said...

One of the worst dreams I had was where I spent an entire day at work. It went just like a regular work day, nothing odd or out of the ordinary happened- I did my job and went home.

Then the alarm went off and I had to do it all over again. I felt like I had pulled a double shift by the end of the day!