Friday, January 16, 2009

Love of Family

I have been caring for my sister after her thyroid surgery. I love her even though her life is such a mess. My other sister's life is quite a mess too- I love her too. If I won a ton of money I would sweep them up & get them out of their mess. Why? Because I know where they came from because I am from there also...and I am not right either. But they have fought tooth and nail to do right by their children being single women whose ex-husbands chose to not be helpful or to downright just abandon. I chose not to have children- and to not expect anything from ex-husbands.I know that I am on this earth to take care of my family. Even if I know that they will not be here to take care of me when I am old, I don't care, because I know that I am never truly ever really alone.

2 comments:

Sultan said...

I think your heart is good but your idea of your own uber role is too limited. There is more for you than care taking.

The Darker Side said...

No - you aren't ever really alone... You remind me of my mom.... the baby of three sisters - but the one that the older two have/had always looked to for the answers.
I hope that you win your ton of money.