Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Beauty In The Heat of the Night

I took my cat out for a walk around 7:30pm.
As I left the building the hot thick air hit my face...
There was a strong breeze and the lazy hum of multiple air conditioners.
There was a familiarity to it all that fell into place.
Barbados, yes, that was what it felt like.
It was beautiful out!!!
The air was thick with the smell of flowers and birds singing...
Fuzzy seeds drifted lazily through the air...
I looked up and two white herons slowly flapped towards the ocean...
"thank you,thank you,thank you" I said...
Myst and I lazed around for an hour, surrounded by this hypnotic beauty.
On our way back my breath was taken away
by the most spectacular sunset. A huge glorious orange ball...
Just like I saw that summer in the tropics twenty years ago.

I found beauty in the city...

No comments: