I think it will last for years.
The day going along fine...and then the phone call.
He calls.
Sometimes I say 'HA' and not answer.
And sometimes I do.
The conversation usually is about his latest date & where they went-
I listen & converse.
And smoke.
If it's before 3 I can't drink....
It's no better than any other time of day or night....
I still have conversations in my head with him.
In the middle of the night I wake to arguments in my head.
I dream and there he is in my dreams-
sometimes nothing special, sometimes he's mean & nasty.
God, I even had a dream of my old childhood home -
and THere he was.
What I want to tell him that I let him keep breaking my heart
over and over when I was with him.
I LET him.
I didn't confront him.
I let him.
No comments:
Post a Comment